Spanning two centuries. Experiencing great changes.
Maintaining centennial heritage and excellent traditional piano manufacturing process.
The history of Neugebauer Piano began in 1878, founded by Karl Neugebauer in No.70, Blumen Avenue, Berlin, Germany. By 1899, 6000 pianos were produced. Based on fine traditional workmanship, high quality and constant innovation, Neugebauer Piano had became a best-selling piano brand in wholesale and export. With the industrial development in the mid-19th century, Biedermeier culture had spread quickly while German musical art culture had changed a lot. Piano music had changed from traditional noble music to family music and gained popularity soon. In the late Biedermeier ( late 19th century), piano had become more popular in common families and favored by the public.
In order to meet market demand, Neugebauer Piano expanded its production to 800 pianos annually. In November, 1901, it moved to a bigger factory from Blumen Avenue to Andreas Aveue.
Centuries changed. Brand marked.
1899年8月14日古斯塔夫.贝尔（Gustav Bell）继续经营诺伊格堡钢琴公司；并不断投入更大生产力和技术力量，使诺伊格堡钢琴进入了辉煌时期。1900年诺伊格堡钢琴开始生产第二品牌钢琴C.Neugebauer Nachf.Bell & Co.和Bell & Co
On August 14, 1899, Gustav Bell continued to operate Neugebauer Piano Company and invested greater productivity and technical forces constantly. Neugebauer Piano entered in its golden age. In 1900, it started to produce its secondary brands, C.Neugebauer Nachf.Bell & Co. and Bell & Co.
Under its continuous efforts, Neugebauer Piano won the golden medal at Berlin Musical Instruments Fair in 1905 and entered in a stage of mature production and booming market in 1911. At that time, the company produced 4500 pianos annually with more than 200 employees.
Honors of Neugebauer Piano in 20th Century
Neugebauer’s double-cross-string grand piano was invented and patented in 1921 and it won the Berlin City Honor title. It also won the silver medal at Europe Musical Instruments Expo in 1922. These honors proved the classical manufacturing of Neugebauer Piano with first-class quality.
In 1930s, piano maker Paul Mackley and piano designer Erich Regler jointly managed Neugebauer Piano Company. On April 28, 1945, just before World War II ended, the company was destroyed and shut down.
In 21st Century, as a traditional piano brand, Neugebauer Piano has remained its traditional piano workmanship with innovation and modern management. It has been put into operation and recreated master quality piano in Thuringia, the green heart of Germany.
Brand Manufacturing Process
Traditional workmanship of Neugebauer Piano creates arts culture concept
Over more than 100 years, Neugebauer Piano inherited hand-made workmanship in order to achieve and perform the maximum value of pianos and provide best services for pianists. The ultimate tone of a piano is the character as well as soul of a brand. Neugebauer Piano continues to improve factors that affect tones, achieves major breakthroughs in source design and manufacturing, while makes its tones more perfect and finer through post-processing so that pianists can acquire rich expression and satisfy emotional expression need in different periods and styles.
Traditional workmanship embodies in manufacturing details. More importantly, it reflects the inheritance of traditional workmanship culture, which directly influences the final quality of pianos. Following the footprints of predecessors and keeping up with the pace of the times, Neugebauer Piano will constantly improve brand workmanship culture and provide better services for more piano enthusiasts.